The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
In the playable Half-Life 2 Beta, not all the weapons can be spawned with
impulse 101. To spawn the AK-47,
give weapon_ar1 must be entered. It can fire in semiautomatic mode, three or five-burst mode, or full-auto mode. It uses medium rounds, the same rounds used by the OICW and MP7. It is unknown what faction was to use this weapon.
- An early texture for the AK-47 can be found in the playable Half-Life 2 Beta files, in the folder "materials/Models/Weapons/Obsolete/V_ak47".
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still contain the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The AK-47 is among them.
- The bolt and the fire mode selector appear on the left side, while they actually are on the right in real life.
- The AKM is commonly mistaken as the AK-47 in video games. Half-Life seems to have gotten it right. An easy way to tell the mistake is via a Muzzle Break, added with the AKM's take over in 1959.
- The AK-47 is a rather cheap and robust weapon, so it would have been a common weapon for the Resistance.