|This article is part of the Alyx Project.|
|The subject of this article is featured in the new Half-Life: Alyx; therefore, its content is subject to change as more information about it is added.|
|This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details and, please, notify the administrators before removing this template.|
Inside the apartment there are various newspapers, a whiteboard with a map of the Citadel, and a camera at a window pointed towards a Combine power station. There's a globe with a red X drawn over the North American continent, with question marks on the remaining regions of the world, hinting to a lack of global communication and a lack of understanding if other continents and countries were attacked during the Combine uprising. On top of a desk, there is a snark that can be fed from a can of food. Feeding the snark will grant an achievement. A clipboard with concept drawings of the earliest version of Dog, alongside a polaroid picture of him as a very early design can be found on another desk.
The apartment is connected to a balcony with a view of City 17 and the Citadel under construction. Next to the balcony there is a computer with a large monitor and a microphone where Alyx Vance can receive calls from Eli Vance and other potentially other Resistance members. The apartment is part of a residential building with a shared laundromat and a working elevator.
Behind the scenes
- The concept of a hideout like an apartment which is occupied by Alyx can be traced back to the early days of Half-Life 2’s development, as suggested by a single sound file found in the Half-Life 2 leak sound folder
cache.wavand dated October 28, 2000. In it, Alyx describes her place: "Well, here we are... It's not home exactly. I never stay anywhere long enough to call it home. But it has all the comfort, you know, like food, and water, weapons, and ammo. Make yourself comfortable. You can charge up your batteries over there. I got some stuff to take care of and... then we'll get moving."
|Feed the snark.|
|This section is empty or incomplete. You can help by expanding it.|
- The side monitors on the balcony can be toggled on or off with hidden switches.
- There is a pigeon that lingers by the balcony. You can throw a pot at it and it will fly to a new spot by the balcony, then you can throw another pot at it and it will fly away.
- There is a black cat sleeping on a stool in an apartment below and to the side of Alyx's apartment. The cat is visible from Alyx's balcony.
- Later, in the laundromat, a pre-7-hour-war poster can be found on the bulliten board about a missing black cat, the very same cat visible from Alyx's apartment.
List of appearances
Half-Life: Alyx story arc
|Succeeded by |