|The content of this article has been cut.|
|The subject matter of this article was removed from the final version of an official / canonical source.|
|This article is about the weapon cut from Half-Life 2. For the telescope-like device seen along the Coast, see Combine Binoculars.|
- The Binoculars cannot be spawned with
impulse 101; the code
give weapon_binocularsmust be entered.
- They can zoom in to five times normal sight, however the player cannot fire weapons while using it.
- They were finally integrated into the suit as the "zoom" feature, and the crossbow's scope.
- Sound files found in its related sound folder also contain garbled voice sounds and the excerpt of a yodelling song which was from the song "The Tyrolean Music Station" from the 1997 album "The Conet Project: Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations" , as the binoculars were supposed to allow the player to locate and track radio signals.
Behind the scenes
According to the Binocular's code in the leaked source code, the Binoculars were to have a black mask while zoomed in, a different crosshair and animations for zooming in.
In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Binoculars are among them.
List of appearances
- Half-Life 2 Beta source code