|This article may need to be wikified to meet Half-Life Wiki's standards.|
|Please help by adding relevant internal links, improving the article's layout, removing irrelevant information or by adding proper images/galleries. Keep in mind the wiki's Manual of Style and Layout Guide.|
|This article is part of the Alyx Project.|
|The subject of this article is featured in the new Half-Life: Alyx; therefore, its content is subject to change as more information about it is added.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The Combine Shotgun is a weapon featured in Half-Life: Alyx.
The shotgun appears to be a modified Heavy Shotgun turned into a compact weapon. Alyx first acquires it from the corpse of a zombified Combine Worker. It is operated in a unique fashion, instead of sliding shells into the magazine tube from underneath and racking a pump slide like most shotguns, it incorporates a break action and charging handle to load and charge the weapon. Due to its compact size, it can be easily wielded and fired from one hand. It deals heavy damage and is semi automatic. It features a foldable wire stock however this cannot be used by the player. The logo for "RATEL" is printed on one side of the gun's slider.
The Shotgun has 4 upgrades:
- Laser Sight: costs 10 Resin. Adds an orange circular laser projection to the top of the barrel that encompasses the bullet spread of the fired weapon.
- Double Shot: costs 25 Resin. Adds a heat shield to the top of the weapon, and a set of indicator lights to the back. Enables the ability to fire two rounds in rapid succession.
- Auto Loader: costs 30 Resin. Adds a mechanical reservoir to the side of the weapon for rapidly loading shells. Holds up to six extra rounds, in addition to the rounds held within the magazine, allowing for an effective maximum of 12+1 available rounds.
- Grenade Launcher: costs 40 Resin. Adds a muzzle attachment that fits a Combine grenade. When fired, the grenade shoots off in an arc and does not consume ammo, detonating on impact.
|Collect the shotgun.|
- The weapon's hologram inside the Combine Fabricator appears to have the Double Shot upgrade by default, even if the player has not installed it.
- The heat shield obtained when acquiring the Double Shot upgrade appears to resemble the SPAS-12 from Half Life 2.
List of appearances
- Half-Life: Alyx (First appearance)