Douglas R. Wood, or simply known as Doug Wood, is an animator. He has been working in the gaming industry since 1994.
Doug joined Valve in 1997 and has been working on the Half-Life series ever since. Before Valve, Doug worked at Apogee/3Drealms where he worked on Duke-Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Prey (before everyone left), and the Plutonium/Atomic Edition for Duke. Before 3DRealms, he worked for Origin down in Austin. As far as we know, Doug is the only member of Valve who has ever been a Guardian Angel in New York City.
As a character animator, Doug helped shape the Source engine's animation system, focusing on techniques which allow animators and designers to quickly create and modify choreo scenes.
- Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pak (1996)
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (1996)
- Duke Nukem 3D (1996)
- Shadow Warrior (1997)
- Duke Nukem 64 (1997)
- Half-Life (1998)
- Duke Nukem 3D (1998)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force (1999)
- Half-Life: Blue Shift (2001)
- Duke Nukem Advance (2002)
- Half-Life 2 (2004)
- Counter-Strike: Source (2004)
- Half-Life 2: Episode One (2006)
- Dark Messiah: Might and Magic (2006)
- Portal (2007)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (2007)
- Left 4 Dead (2008)
- Left 4 Dead 2 (2009)
- Alien Swarm (2010)
- Portal 2 (2011)
- His name appears in Half-Life as an Easter egg on a Sector C locker and on a sign of the Hospital in Half-Life 2: Episode One.