Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article is within the scope of the Portal Project, a collaborative effort to improve articles related to Portal and Portal 2. See the project page for more details about the article status.|
|This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
|This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details and, please, notify the administrators before removing this template.|
It is primarily featured within the game's cooperative campaign.
- The Edgeless Cubes serve the same purpose as the Weighted Storage Cubes, thus opening doors or activating platforms, except that they must be placed in a circular receptacle instead of a Super Button.
- Edgeless Cubes can be used to depress the Super Buttons, but tend to roll off if not held there.
Behind the scenes
- The Portal 2 Edgeless Safety Cubes may be related to the "Weighted Storage Ball", seen in the Advanced Test Chamber 17 in Portal and reused as the Personality Core models seen awakening at the end of the game. This has yet to be confirmed.
- The Edgeless Cube appears as blue when neutral, and turns Yellowish-orange when activated in its bucket, just as the Weighted Storage Cube does when placed on a button.
- It appeared only once in the single player campaign of Portal 2 in GLaDOS' Test Chamber 6, although there were two of them. Interestingly enough, even though GLaDOS stresses that they were "garbage", the ball can be used in place of the Cube to solve the puzzle, as the ball will not roll off the button if placed carefully.
- In the "Portal" survival level of The Ball, one of the games featured in the PotatoFoolsDay ARG, the titular Ball, an enormous ancient sphere made by Aztec-themed aliens, is referred to by voice-over assumed to be GLaDOS as an "Edgeless Artifact Cube", in the manner of the Edgeless Safety Cube.
- The name Edgeless Safety Cube, applied to a sphere, is a dry Aperture Science joke in keeping with the names of most of their products.
List of appearances
- Portal 2 (First appearance)
- Weighted Storage Cube
- Weighted Pivot Cube
- Cube Button
- Edgeless Safety Cube Receptacle
- 1500 Megawatt Super Button
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.