|This article would greatly benefit from the addition of more images.|
|To illustrate the article add one or more relevant images or upload them from canonical / official sources. For more instructions visit Half-Life Wiki:Images.|
The F-16 Fighting Falcon is a US military multi-role jet fighter aircraft deployed into battle by the HECU during the Black Mesa Incident as an anti-air, and tactical strike aircraft. The F-16 acts as a choreographed attack sequence, being both unaggressive against the player and unkillable.
The F-16 specializes in close air support for ground forces, such as pursuing, and attacking Alien Aircrafts; and conducting tactical airstrikes against ground enemies, and buildings, sometimes narrowly missing Gordon. They are only briefly seen and heard in short choreographed scenes, dropping bombs, or dog fighting enemy Mantas. They generally pose no serious threat to the player.
F-16s are encountered only a few times throughout the Half life campaign and sometimes only heard from a distance.
- They appear for the first time in the chapter Surface Tension, shortly before the player exits the pipe on the cliff, while they are doing a flyby. The second sighting is the F-16 pursuing an Alien Aircraft that drops an Alien Grunt near Freeman.
- The last time the player sees them in action is during Surface Tension, when an Alien Aircraft drops off four Alien Grunts. If Freeman waits a few seconds, then as a F-16 appear, it will carpet bomb the area and kill all four Grunts, saving the player the trouble.
- It makes it's final appearance in Xen, during one of the G-mans teleports, one can be seen crashed along with a destroyed M1A1 Abrams, a completly burnt M35 and dead HECU soldiers.
- The United States Marine Corps does not operate any F-16 fighters. At the time of Half-Life's production, its primary jet fighter aircraft was the AV-8B Harrier II and F/A-18 Hornet. However, by the Army decal seen on the side of the Apache, it can be inferred that multiple military branches were involved in a joint operation.
- Due to the lack of close encounters with the F-16, its texture is little more than a metal brush decorated with low-res WARNING stickers.
List of appearances
- Half-Life (First appearance)
|Vehicles, vessels and transportation|
|Black Mesa transportation||Black Mesa SUV • Black Mesa Transit System • Black Mesa truck|
|Black Ops vehicles||AH-64 Apache • M35 cargo truck • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|HECU vehicles||AH-64 Apache • F-16 Fighting Falcon • M1A1 Abrams • M2A3 Bradley • M35 cargo truck • V-22 Osprey|
|Combine vehicles||Advisor Platform • AirEx Truck (cut) • Armored Personnel Carrier • C-130 (cut) • Combine SWAT Truck (cut) • Hunter-Chopper • M2A3 Bradley (cut) • Merkava (cut) • Razor Train • School Bus (cut) • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|Resistance vehicles||Airboat • Borealis (cut) • C-130 (cut) • Jalopy (cut) • Jet Ski (cut) • Mil Mi-8 • Muscle Car • Scout Car • Submarine (cut) • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|Trainstations||City 17 Trainstation • Depot • Technical Trainstation|
|Other||Borealis • Chevrolet Caprice (cut) • Digger (cut) • F-117 Nighthawk (cut) • Ford F-250 (cut) • GMC Vandura (cut) • Rail transport • Road transport|
|The Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes • Sharpe • Adrian Shephard • Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife • Desert Eagle • Dam Turret • Double Turret • Dynamite • Glock 17 • Land Mine • Laser Tripmine • M198 Howitzer • M2 Browning Machine Gun • M202A1 FLASH • M249 Squad Automatic Weapon • M40A1 Sniper Rifle • Minigun (cut) • Mk 2 Grenade • MP5 • RPG • Satchel Charge • Sentry Gun • SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache • F-117 Nighthawk (cut) • F-16 Fighting Falcon • M1A1 Abrams • M2A3 Bradley • M35 cargo truck • V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer • HECU Medic • HECU Sniper • Human Sergeant (cut) • Robot Grunt (cut)|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest • Radio • Tactical Map • Welding Torch • Robot Grunt (cut)|
|Other||Military Police • Santego Military Base|