The content of this article has been cut.
The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of an official / canonical source.
- Despite firing a rocket, it uses a very different model than the RPG. Besides aesthetics, it is unknown what made this weapon different than the final RPG. Although one can guess it had lock-on abilities which may have used the scope.
- While it is simply known as "Missile Launcher" in the files, it appears to be based on the FIM-92 Stinger.
- The Missile Launcher is named "ml_grenade" ("ml" stands for "Missile Launcher"). The RPG ammo is still named that way in the retail game.
- In the Half-Life 2 files, several texture files for HUD weapon icons can be found, most of which still containing the icons for almost all of the cut weapons. The Stinger is among them.
- A sound file named "stinger_fire1.wav" and used for the APC missiles can be found in the Half-Life 2 files. It is probably the original FIM-92 Stinger firing sound.
List of appearances
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.