|This article is within the scope of the Portal Project, a collaborative effort to improve articles related to Portal and Portal 2. See the project page for more details about the article status.|
|This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details and, please, notify the administrators before removing this template.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Hoopie, also known as Hoopy, is a small round metal hoop that falls out of the sky at the end of Portal. Apparently, Hoopie was once part of GLaDOS. It is seen again in Portal 2 when GLaDOS "awakens," as well as in one of Doug Rattmann's dens, and in PeTI (Hoopie is positioned in the broken ceiling featured in halls leading to chamberlocks).
The GameInformer Portal 2 - March 2010 hub reveals that Hoopie was seen as a "meme" by the developers, but never reached the ears of the fans until then, the Companion Cube and the cake instead becoming the Portal memes.
- The entity that made Hoopie fall next to the player was actually the engine's "gibshooter" entity.
- Hoopie was also a dynamic prop, so mappers should use the entity "prop_physics/dynamic_override" for it to appear.
List of appearances
- Portal (First appearance)
- Portal 2: Lab Rat
- Portal ARG (Possible appearance)
- Portal 2
- Portal: Prelude (Non-canonical appearance)
- Portal 2 offical guide
- Opening The Portal: Exploring The Game's Development on GameInformer.com