Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|The content of this article has been cut.|
|The subject matter of this article was removed from the final version of an official / canonical source.|
- As seen in the Episode Two Gameplay Demos 3, 4 and 5 released September 2006, the Jalopy was a Volkswagen Beetle, stripped-down-and-rebuilt like the final car, but in a lesser condition. It also had double rear wheels, and a green tank, as well as a white fridge covered by stickers, both stored in the back. The driver's seat is covered in black leather, the passenger's is a green metallic one.
- While the Jalopy model is not available to the public, the texture file is still present in the Episode Two files, under the name "jalopyTempColor.vtf". A closer look at the file reveals details difficult or impossible to see in the gameplay demos: the front left mudguard, blue-colored, features the words "FIRST AID", with a cross beside it. The front right mudguard, beige-colored, features 5 black silhouettes of Zombies crossed out, probably showing the numbers of Zombies killed with that part of the car so far, in the way of fighter aircrafts. The left running board is wooden, while the right one is metallic and blue-colored, again with two crossed out Zombie silhouettes on it. The green tank is also revealed to bear a "DANGER" sticker on top, and a fire extinguisher sticker on the left side. A sticker with the drawing of a black spider with red on its body coming down from its web into four dark purple flowers can also be found on the passenger seat (a probable reference to the spider Anansi), as well as an 8 ball at the end of the stick shift.
- As said by Valve's David Speyrer, that name "Jalopy" says something about how "uncool" it was. Early feedback was that it seemed too similar to the Scout Car. The team decided to redesign it so that players would feel excited rather than disappointed when they saw the car. Alyx's original line when she first saw the Jalopy echoed well the feelings of many early viewers: "What a wreck! Forget about White Forest... we'll be lucky if we make it to the end of the block.".
- The handling script still exists in the game files and can be used in-game.
List of appearances
- Source Particle Benchmark (First appearance) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two (Commentary only) (Game files only) (Non-canonical appearance)
|Vehicles, vessels and transportation|
|Black Mesa transportation||Black Mesa SUV • Black Mesa Transit System • Black Mesa truck|
|Black Ops vehicles||AH-64 Apache • M35 cargo truck • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|HECU vehicles||AH-64 Apache • F-16 Fighting Falcon • M1A1 Abrams • M2A3 Bradley • M35 cargo truck • V-22 Osprey|
|Combine vehicles||Advisor Platform • AirEx Truck (cut) • Armored Personnel Carrier • C-130 (cut) • Combine SWAT Truck (cut) • Hunter-Chopper • M2A3 Bradley (cut) • Merkava (cut) • Razor Train • School Bus (cut) • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|Resistance vehicles||Airboat • Borealis (cut) • C-130 (cut) • Jalopy (cut) • Jet Ski (cut) • Mil Mi-8 • Muscle Car • Scout Car • Submarine (cut) • V-22 Osprey (cut)|
|Trainstations||City 17 Trainstation • Depot • Technical Trainstation|
|Other||Borealis • Chevrolet Caprice (cut) • Digger (cut) • F-117 Nighthawk (cut) • Ford F-250 (cut) • GMC Vandura (cut) • Rail transport • Road transport|