This article is about the HECU APC. For the Combine APC, see Armored Personnel Carrier.
The M2A3 Bradley is a US military infantry fighting vehicle used by the HECU during the Black Mesa Incident. Its main uses are to transport troops around the facility and provide them support with heavy firepower.
- The most effective way to destroy the Bradley is explosives (such as the RPG) or other heavy weapons such as the Tau Cannon. Small arms fire can also do damage to the Bradley by shooting the turret. However, this is not an effective method as it requires a large amount of bullets before being destroyed, resulting in wasting ammunition and/or health.
- Two types of Bradleys can be found in the games: one equipped with a 25mm cannon, another with a rocket launcher. The rocket-equipped Bradleys are easier to destroy, because the rockets they fire can be avoided and even guided back to the tank by the player with the RPG's laser. The cannon-equipped Bradleys are more difficult to destroy. Not only do they shoot faster, but the projectiles cannot be seen, making them harder to dodge.
- When on top of it, the Bradley can be destroyed with the crowbar, however, the destruction of the blast will hurt the player.
- Unlike the M1A1 Abrams tank, the Bradley's turret can swivel 360 degrees, making it impossible to sneak up on the vehicle from behind. However, the rotation speed is relatively slow, and the player can run around it while striking hits on its turret.
- It also can be defeated by backfire. With the RPG's laser guide, it is possible to guide the Bradley's rockets back at it.
Behind the scenes
- As seen in the Weather Control story fragment featured in Raising the Bar, Bradleys were to be used by the Half-Life 2 Conscripts.
- Unused camouflage textures for the Bradley can be found in the Half-Life game files. It is unknown whether they were used in old builds of Half-Life or are leftovers of the early Team Fortress 2 .
- Although a model is present in the Decay files, it does not appear in-game. Its only animations are related to the back door opening (happening in the Topside Motorpool in Half-Life), and for the turret moving around and aiming. The inside textures are not completed like in the brush versions seen in-game.
- When first encountered in Surface Tension, it is possible for the player to use non-explosive weaponry (such as the Glock and the crowbar) to destroy the vehicle. However, should the player use the crowbar and attempt to eliminate the Bradley, it will cause the game to freeze. This has been fixed in Source version.
List of appearances
|Vehicles, vessels and transportation|
|Black Mesa transportation||Black Mesa SUV · Black Mesa Transit System · Black Mesa truck|
|Black Ops vehicles||AH-64 Apache · M35 cargo truck|
|HECU vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Combine vehicles||Advisor Platform · Armored Personnel Carrier · Hunter-Chopper · Razor Train|
|Resistance vehicles||Airboat · Mil Mi-8 · Muscle Car · Scout Car|
|Trainstations||City 17 Trainstation · Depot · Technical Trainstation|
|Other||Borealis · Rail transport · Road transport|
|Black Ops (cut)||V-22 Osprey|
|Combine (cut)||AirEx Truck · C-130 · Combine SWAT Truck · M2A3 Bradley · Merkava · School Bus · V-22 Osprey|
|Resistance (cut)||Borealis · C-130 · Jalopy · Jet Ski · Submarine · V-22 Osprey|
|Other (cut)||Chevrolet Caprice · Digger · F-117 Nighthawk · Ford F-250 · GMC Vandura|
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.