The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Manned by a single person, it is used on a tripod to provide fire support and/or fortify crucial points, such as important locations of the Materials Transport or other areas of Black Mesa.
- Most of the time, sandbags around the tripod and armored shields on the barrel provide additional protection to the gunner. The shields are cosmetic.
- It is sometimes used along a double turret.
- The weapon has infinite ammo, doesn't overheat, and the added protection of the fortifications behind which it is usually found. However, the turret imposes a limited firing arc, and one is exceedingly vulnerable from anywhere it can't cover.
- During Half-Life, Gordon Freeman is able to turn it against HECU soldiers, notably in the Black Mesa Transit System.
- In Blue Shift, an M2 is hidden in a crate on a train car in the Freight Yard, with ".50 cal Mounted Machine Gun" written on it. Barney Calhoun uses it against many HECU soldiers before resuming his search for Dr. Rosenberg.
- Enemies using the M-2 are easy to kill, as they are immobile while using it. A single Mk 2 Grenade or MP5 Grenade is enough to kill the enemy manning the weapon.
- Presence of the machine gun usually indicates a likely wave of enemies; the machine gun should be manned as soon as possible.
- The M-2 is extremely powerful, firing five rounds in the head or chest area are required to kill a H.E.C.U Marine most efficiently. However, constant awareness is required, the player should be ready to dismount from the weapon as soon as they are overrun or attacked from behind.
- The M-2 that is found on M1A1 Abrams is mounted rather incorrectly; it is supposed to be mounted near the hatch instead of the side. The placement of the weapon would make it hard to actually impossible for a person to utilize in real life.
List of appearances
- Half-Life (First appearance)
- Half-Life: Uplink (Non-canonical appearance)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
|Hazardous Environment Combat Unit|
|Characters||Dwight T. Barnes · Sharpe · Adrian Shephard · Minor HECU members|
|Weapons||Combat Knife · Desert Eagle · Dam Turret · Double Turret · Dynamite · Glock 17 · Land Mine · Laser Tripmine · M198 Howitzer · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M202A1 FLASH · M249 Squad Automatic Weapon · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · MP5 · RPG · Satchel Charge · Sentry Gun · SPAS-12|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · F-16 Fighting Falcon · M1A1 Abrams · M2A3 Bradley · M35 cargo truck · V-22 Osprey|
|Classes||HECU Engineer · HECU Medic · HECU Sniper|
|Technology||Powered Combat Vest · Radio · Tactical Map · Welding Torch|
|Other||Military Police · Santego Military Base|
|Vehicles (cut)||F-117 Nighthawk|
|Classes (cut)||Human Sergeant · Robot Grunt|
|The Black Ops|
|Vehicles||AH-64 Apache · M35 cargo truck|
|Weapons||Glock 17 · Laser Tripmine · M2 Browning Machine Gun · M40A1 Sniper Rifle · Mk 2 Grenade · Mortar · MP5 · Sentry Gun|
|Vehicles (cut)||V-22 Osprey|
|Weapons (cut)||Crossbow · Flash Grenade|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.