This is the talk page for "Doug Rattmann."
- Klow and I have discussed this matter and we have decided to not move it just yet. We will be moving it soon, but we first want a few more details on him before we move it so that the new page will not be a cobbling of this information with speculation to fill in some of the gaps that exist at the moment.--YabbaMyIcingTalk 02:59, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- But of course you can feel free to add the info about Doug Rattmann to the article for now where you see it would fit. For now that would probably be in the Behind the scenes section or a new sector about Portal 2.--YabbaMyIcingTalk 03:02, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
Ratman hand print
I noticed a lone Ratman hand print in the first office the player finds after Test Chamber 19. I did not see it mentioned in the article and just wanted to point it out. I have 2 screenshots of it: the office it is located in and the actual hand print. AshesToAshes 02:09, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Nice find, I didn't see it. However it is already (though indirectly) mentioned as being in maintenance areas and that map. (testchmb_a_15) Klow 07:45, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
In Test Chamber 17, the photograph of the man whose identity is unknown (according to the page) is a photograph of U.S. President Calvin Coolidge, dated December 4, 1923.
Hope this helps. —Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124
- How can you tell? It looks like a lot of people. Bramblepath 17:27, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
-  Matches are identical.
- Well it seems it is correct, so i suggest that we should include it in the article.--Fijure 12:32, January 28, 2011 (UTC)
In the Portal 2 section of this article, it is mentioned that Erik Wolpaw and Chet Faliszek did not answer on a question about elaborating on the character. The article says march 2011, but the reference link, links to the portal 2 podcast on gameinformer from 2010. Since i don't know whats right, i'll suggest to whoever who wrote that, that they change either the date or the link to the correct.--Fijure 16:09, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed, the writer of this has low knowledge about editing and just copied reference. SiPlus 17:30, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
- But now there is simply no reference. I would like to get a source of where this came from, otherwise it will have no place in the article, unless whoever wrote it, can confirm that the information is valid. Otherwise, I will delete it soon.--Fijure 21:40, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Portal 2 grafitti
The page needs more Portal 2 content, in specific, the scribblings on his dens from Portal 2. RocketJumper 21:47, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Seconded. Ratman has a huge collection of great stuff from Portal 2 that reveals a lot about himself, and it needs to be added. Smelltheashes 07:38, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
Weird mumbling sounds
Take a gander at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJpYsfvM_Q You find this in one of the ratman dens. This is a video of where it is, it's in Chapter 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeT9CpaF1bQ I think this should have a mention. Smelltheashes 19:53, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
I heard this in one of the Hard Light Bridge chambers where near where the Bridge is located, you see some ceiling tiles falling (or is there already a hole there?) and in that hole is a Rattmann den, i heard this sound while i pressed up against the art on the wall, you may need to raise your volume though, sorry, i don't have a recording of it though Masterlegodude 20:41, May 6, 2011 (UTC)
[Redacted] I withdraw my statement, just rechecked the source and it states the audio is not backwards
Drake3011 15:08, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
At the 0:04 mark you'll hear what sounds like "muffin choice" followed by "help me uncle Johnson". I think this means that Cave Johnson is Rattmanns uncle. And if the theory about Chell having been adopted by Cave is true then Rattmann could have leard about her that way, being her possible step-cousin. SuperMario2 16:12, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
In an interview (here: ), Mike Morasky mentions that the voces were a test to see if they could trigger sounds by the player's getting close to an object. It's a easter-egg. E gal 14:34, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
The same mumbling is also heard in the recently released first half of Portal 2's soundtrack, in "Ghost of Rattman", which plays when finding the first portal gun. Segadroid 09:38, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
Are we sure hes dead? He can be heard mumbling in one of the dens in Portal 2 as the video above shows. I know its called the ghost of Rattmann but that dosent have to mean hes dead. He could be behind that wall where you find the sound. Dosent the bed in a relaxation valt put the sleeper in stasis? He crawled into one at the end of Lab Rat so isnt it possible that hes still alive? (no pun intended) SuperMario2 00:09, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- See my answer right above you: "In an interview (here: ), Mike Morasky mentions that the voices were a test to see if they could trigger sounds by the player's getting close to an object. It's a easter-egg." E gal 19:26, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Even so, he could still be alive. SuperMario2 19:29, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no evidence that those voices belong to Rattmann, alive or dead. Thus, it's a theory. ;) Belongs in the forums. (I'd love it if he were still alive, but there is no solid evidence for it, so we're not allowed to mention it here - only facts.) E gal 19:40, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Even so, he could still be alive. SuperMario2 19:29, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
I agree with you.
I had an theory of this, but it got deleted :(
--Aperture Science Facility Controller 05:55, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
In the P2 soundtrack the track titled "Ghost of Rattman" spells his name with only one N. Where else is his name mentioned with two Ns? Bramblepath 19:40, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
The only place I'm familiar with, is in the Aperture Image Format revealed during the Portal ARG, where the name originally came from. So I ususally go for that spelling. But I don't think is mentioned anywhere else, in canon sources.--Fijure 19:44, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
So then I'm guessing Valve has never made an official statement regarding the correct spelling of his name? If the Aperture Image Format and the soundtrack are the only two places his name is given, then technically either one could be viewed as correct. Does anyone know of another place his surname is given? 126.96.36.199 21:21, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
In this article under the portal 2 section it states that after entering the Rattmann chamber in test 17 where you get the radio achievement when you exit it is possible to see a door closing. Has this been verified and if so are there any sources on youtube etc. I attempted to verify myself and could not do so, however I could have simply missed it. Thanks --Philosopher404 18:29, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
I attempted to have a look round with noclip on but i cant see it either - PiLoT
Hmm this does seem to suggest that this is a mistake, whats the procedure for this sort of thing? To what degree do we have to confirm or deny to dismiss a claim and delete it from the wiki? --Philosopher404 15:08, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
After having another failed attempt to see this closing door, I have concluded it was a mistake and thus have deleted the offending line from the wiki. --Philosopher404 16:31, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
After doing some more research on the internet I have discovered that the idea of a door closing signalling the presence of Rattmann comes from when the sliding door in the observation area closes after you have entered and exited it. This seems to me however to simply be an automaic process in the same manner as the wall area in the same chamber closing carried out by Glados to prevent further exploration. Certainly there is no evidence to suggest that this is Rattmann as opposed to Glados and as such I think is most certainly does not meet the factual requirement of the Wiki. I think that that is case closed. --Philosopher404 09:00, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
Thats chamber you are referring to is not the chamber were you obtain last transmission. thats an earlier one i think. the chamber is at the top left of you when you enter main area ~~PiLoT
Hey PiLoT, yep in my first comment I mixed things up as the statement in the wiki originally claimed that it was chamber 17 and that that was the one where you get the achievement. The chamber with the achievement though is as you say earlier, it is chamber number 6. The chamber people are referring to is chamber 17 though, the one with the last Rattmann den which you can enter either through the wall via a light bridge or portal through the glass of the room that overlooks the chamber. This is the chamber to which my last check and statement refers. If that is the right one then I think my judgment stands. Is chamber 17 the right one that you were thinking of? --Philosopher404 23:01, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
i know of the one with the light bridge. chamber 17 but the door closing comments are said about the other chapter with the acheivement
Ah right oh, well me and another guy on here no clipped all about and could not see any evidence of the door closing in chamber 6 (the one with the achievement), do you know any evidence anywhere or have any reason to think its right? --Philosopher404 21:59, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Handheld Portal Device
It's possible that Rattmann may have done some work with the portal gun, perhaps adapting it from its larger from to the hand held device seen in the game. He can bee seen working on it in page 13 of the Lab Rat Comic. 
In addition, the artwork around the blue portal gun in Portal 2 shows the orange headed figure, implied to be Rattmann, holding up the Handheld Portal Device.  This might also explain how he's able to access certain areas in the game that Chell must use her portal gun to find.
Mankoi1701 04:19, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
The artical refers to murals as possible prove of the survival of Doug. I do agree that some scriblings on the walls may be proof, but the murals are drawn at the end of portal 1. This can be seen in the Lab Rat comics. So I think this part should be changed: Early during the game, Chell is required to enter one of his dens to find the single-portal ASHPD, in a room covered in murals detailing the events from GLaDOS's creation up to the end of Portal, as well as a large mural of Chell. --188.8.131.52 14:59, January 4, 2012 (UTC)
Ratman in Cara Mia
While watching Cara Mia, I noticed a comment on the video stating "Go to 0:36 to see Ratman in the background!" So I checked and there was Ratman in the background behind the sentry turrets in the tubes along with the companion cube behind him. I checked here to see if anything to do with this was in the wiki, and apparently not even a single trivia.
So I have come to recommend to add that this is may show that Doug Rattmann is still alive, plus to add trivia and pictures to this page and Turret Opera page.
--184.108.40.206 08:53, January 7, 2013 (UTC)
I don't know, it's hard to make anything out. It's moving quite fast. 220.127.116.11 10:06, November 4, 2013 (UTC)