The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
This article has yet to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
You can help by correcting spelling and grammar, removing factual errors, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and moving some elements when appropriate. Visit our Cleanup Project for more details.
The Xen Tree is an alien organism found on the border world Xen; although it attacks creatures that get too close, it is not known to consume the bodies or do anything to them.
- They somewhat resemble an upturned root and are around thirteen to sixteen feet tall (3.96 to 4.87 meters tall). A brown-ish tree-like creature with no leaves or branches, they have a fully mobile "trunk", and a large, hook-like appendage at the top, used for attacking nearby prey.
- These trees are scattered around Xen and can prove a danger to an unwary explorer and other Xen wildlife by violently stabbing at any nearby source of movement, much like a tentacle.
- Xen Trees attack nearby enemies to kill them.
- They are often found near Xen's Light Stalk plants, it is a possibility that they are related.
- Although very hard to accomplish, it is possible for players to trick enemies into walking near Xen Trees. Sometimes, these hostile NPCs can get stuck and the player does not have to exert any effort in eliminating stuck assailants, especially the feared Gargantua.
- A Gonarch's movement causes nearby Xen Trees to attack even if no prey is close.
- Xen Trees are not affected by the console command
notargetand will keep attacking even if it is active.
- Xen Trees were heavily inspired by Butchertrees from Wayne Barlowe's Expedition, being nearly identical in appearance and behavior.
- It is possible that Xen trees are related to tentacles, as they both attack moving objects, although this is not known for a fact
List of appearances
|Creatures||Alien Aircraft · Alien Controller · Alien Grunt · Barnacle · Boid · Bullsquid · Chumtoad · Gargantua · Headcrab · Houndeye · Ichthyosaur · Leech · Nihilanth · Protozoan · Snark · Tentacle · Vortigaunt|
|Headcrabs||Headcrab · Fast Headcrab · Gonarch · Lamarr · Poison Headcrab · Standard Headcrab · Headcrab Shell|
|Zombies||Zombie · Fast Zombie · Gonome · Poison Zombie · Standard Zombie · Zombine|
|Vortigaunts||Vortigaunt · Vortigese · All-Knowing Vortigaunt · R-4913 and X-8973 · Sweepy · Uriah · Victory Mine Vortigaunt · Vortigaunt Camp · Vortigaunt Shepherd|
|Flora and minerals||Crystal · Fungus · Healing Pool · Light Stalk · Trampoline · Tree|
|Weapons||Ceiling Turret · Hivehand · Sentry Cannon · Snark · Snark Mine|
|Technology||Healing Shower · Thumper|
|Creatures (cut)||Archer · Charger · Fast Walker · Flocking Floater · Kingpin · Mr. Friendly · Panther Eye · Sand Barnacle · Snapbug · Stukabat|
|Weapons (cut)||Black Hole Gun|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.